G7 Automation is currently seeking an Automation Sales Engineer to work with the Principal of the company. The individual will train almost exclusively as a member of the operations team for the first 6 months.
As a member of the operations team, you will be required to wear many hats. These projects will involve system detail design documentation, SCADA software development, PLC programming, panel and server communications/networking configuration, factory testing and system startup onsite. During startups you will work on construction sites with mechanical and electrical installation teams as well as interact with
employees at our customer's facility. Some overnight travel will be required for onsite startup.
After 6 months the individual will begin to transition to the role of Sales Engineer by working with the
Principal to help manage accounts, estimate and prepare proposals. You will learn strategic selling and negotiation first hand. After 2 years, the plan is for this individual to transition to a Business Development Engineer compensated by a Salary plus commission.
G7 Automation LLC offers competitive salary and benefits, as well as, a modern, flexible work environment, and close-knit team approach.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required
- Aptitude for relationship building is required
- Experience with sales is NOT required
- Aptitude for technical writing is required
- The ability to work independently as well as on a project team is required
- Proven presentation skills are a plus
- Demonstrated leadership ability is a plus
- Experience with Rockwell RSLogix PLC programming software is a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus
- Strong information technology infrastructure skills are a plus
- Aptitude to troubleshoot the instrumentation/equipment with which our systems interface is a plus
Submit cover letters and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.